We are delivering two FREE marketing workshops to help leisure centres attract more disabled people to their gyms.
The workshops are being funded by the EFDS (English Federation of Disability Sport), and will cover:
- the 6 stages of an effective activity marketing campaign and how to adapt that model for marketing to disabled people
- tactics that we’ve found to be effective for marketing to disabled people in our campaigns, and examples of good marketing to disabled people from other organisations
- how to make it easier for disabled people to register their interest in becoming gym members
- offers that are appealing to disabled people
- marketing messages that are appealing to disabled people, including what to change and what to keep the same
- the up-to-date definition of disabled people and how that might differ from your current understanding
- where you can access free resources for improving your marketing to disabled people, including free photos, suggested marketing messages
Everyone attending will also receive a copy of the Make Sport Fun book (normally £9.90) and the new IFI marketing resource.
The workshops are on:
- Wednesday 12th June at SportPark, Loughborough
- Wednesday 19th June at Sport England offices, London
9.30 a.m. Coffee and Registration
10 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. Marketing Workshop
The workshops are mostly aimed at facilities which are already IFI accredited, but are also open to anyone looking to attract more disabled people to their gyms.
Places are on a first come, first served basis – limited to 15 delegates per workshop – one per facility, and about 10 places have already gone. To book your place on the workshop email the IFI (email@example.com) and let them know which workshop you would like to attend.