Bucks County Council asked Make Sport Fun to run a campaign to engage their adult population. This launched in May 2016.
Our main objectives were to:
- Increase the amount of activity amongst the over 35s in Buckinghamshire.
- Fill the new activity groups that are being commissioned by the Active Bucks project.
What we did
We collected details of thousands of activities taking place each week across the whole of Bucks.
- We built an activity voucher site where people can search for an activity of their choise and download a voucher to try it for free.
We set up Facebook ads to promote this fantastic offer.
We set up an automated email follow up to support people in getting and staying active long term.
Our results have been very positive.
Key results included:
- So far over 1500 people have signed up
- 70% are insufficiently active when they register
- 77% are women or girls
- 57% of people are more active 1 month after registering.
Facebook Ad webinar
If you’re interested in learning more about how to use Facebook Ads to engage inactive people from hard-to-reach groups then you can sign up for our free webinar. In it we’ll cover these steps in more detail and give you a step-by-step guide to setting your ads up.