The number of adults who play sport at least once a week is on the rise – but just over half of all adults play no sport.
Sport England’s data for 2012/13 shows that:
- 15.3 million adults now play sport at least once a week. That’s 1.4 million more than in 2005/6
- Most adults – 52.3% – still play no sport
- 16.9% of adults now take part in at least three sport sessions a week – up from 15.5% in 2005/6
Other key findings from the latest survey show:
- more disabled people taking part now than in 2005/6
- increased numbers of people from black and minority ethnic groups taking part.
Facebook Ad webinar
If you’re interested in learning more about how to use Facebook Ads to engage inactive people from hard-to-reach groups then you can sign up for our free webinar. In it we’ll cover these steps in more detail and give you a step-by-step guide to setting your ads up.