Pro-Active Central London needed people from councils to learn about how to market their projects more effectively and in particular about how to use the resources developed on www.promotingactivity.com.
Deliver 7 workshops – one for each council in central London.
Our response to the brief
We delivered our promotingactivity.com workshop, in which we covered:
- The 6 stages of a marketing communications plan
- How to use the planning tool to identify who your target audience is
- How to use the communication plans to understand what messages will appeal to your audience
- What marketing tools to use to reach your audience
We then worked through a sample marketing plan, and then people tried out writing a marketing plan for one of their own projects.
Finally I showed people what free or cheap resources are available on promotingactivity.com for implementing their marketing, including:
- over 3000 free photos
- Change4Life poster design tool
- email marketing tool
- calendar of campaigns
At the end of this workshop I sent a summary of all this information as handouts.
We delivered the training to nearly 100 people in under a month, and the training got good or excellent feedback from all who came. People are now using the communication plans and planning tool to plan out their projects and win more funding for delivering projects. They’re also using the free photos and other resources to deliver their marketing in less time and with more results.