Important information for Children
Active Bucks against Covid-19
While kids are home from school, being active as a family will be a great way to create routine, burn off some energy, and help them focus. There is a lot out of great stuff out there, here’s a few resources to get you started:
Daily PE lesson with Joe Wick @9am on YouTube – join more than 1 million people also tuning in to do PE with Joe Wick every morning before starting with their at home school day
- 5 Minute Move – Short energising workouts for kids aged 11+
- Aspire Active Hub – A hub of activities and resources for parents
- BBC Super Movers – fun curriculum linked resources to get you moving while you learn
- Burn2Learn – Designed for pre/primary school children, these PE challenges and games aim to develop children’s coordination and motor skills.
- Chance2Shine Challenges – Week 1
- Change4Life has created some 10 minute Disney-themed indoor games and activities, including a Toy Story 4-inspired Find Forky game, that are bundles of fun and will get the kids moving
- Change4Life accessible activities for children and young people with disabilities – Many videos, activities and resources to get children of all abilities moving, including some healthy eating tips and resources.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation for kids. Interactive adventures which build strength, balance and confidence.
- Disney Dance-Along – This Girl Can and Disney partnered up to make these great videos
Family Skip2bfit Challenge. Take a look here – see how many skips you can do in 2 minute using the skip2bfit counting skipping rope.
- GetSet4PE – for daily tasks to keep kids active
- GoNoodle YouTube channel
- Healthy Futures – Active Monopoly
- IMOVES – Free fun activities to support home learning ranging from 2 minutes to full lessons, for parents and teachers
- Jumpstart Johnny – a mission to get kids fit! His fun workouts and chill-out videos are loved by over 250,000 Jumpsters in schools and homes worldwide! Get jumping today!
- Jump Rope UK – Free skipping skills, challenges and workout plans and tricks for all ages and abilities
- Kids Run Free – Youtube Channel – Daily videos of games and activities that families can play together to stay fit and healthy
- Move to Improve – Indoor and Outdoor activities for kids. Created especially for Buckinghamshire
Nike – Active Kids do Better – family-friendly activities and begin moving together in your living room, garden or local park
Premier Education have set out a sample daily timetable for parents to support their children which learning and physical activity. From quick, easy and fuss-free activities, to full hour-long lessons, they’ve produced the resources to support your children’s health and wellbeing through this unprecedented period of school closure.
Premier League Primary Stars – school curriculum-linked resources available for home learning, with no registration
QUESTR – science and English based games – Resources for parents to support their children to have fun while they continue to learn at home
Ready Set Ride – Learn to ride together, with quick and easy games that are perfect for playtime
Youth Sport Trust – 60 Second Physical Activity Challenges – A fun ‘compete against yourself’ approach to physical activity with a focus on resilience and perseverance and the aim to achieve bronze, silver or gold medal aims. We have a range of activity cards and videos.
Youth Sport Trust – Active Breaks – These are general fun physical activities for children to do throughout the day as a way to get active, have fun as a family and break up the day. Examples include hide and seek, den or fort building and ‘hot potato’ ball games.
Youth Sport Trust – PE Home Learning – PE activities that can be done individually or in pairs/small groups with a focus on the development of physical competence and actively learning the importance of personal skills to support social, emotional and mental wellbeing.