Important information for Adults
Active Bucks against Covid-19
Free online fitness classes brought to you by local Buckinghamshire Instructors – try Pilates, Circuits, Yoga, Clubbercise and many more activities for free
- 6 x 10-minute workouts fitness plans
- 12-week fitness plan
- Active 10 – from the NHS allows you to track and increase your walking
- Couch to 5K – from the NHS is great for building up to running 5K over 9 weeks
- Free online fitness classes brought to you by Active Slough – try aerobics, seated exercise, boxercise, Caribbean dance and many more activities for free
Free home workout resources with qualified trainers:
- Fitness Blender free workout videos
- Les Mills on demand
- Our Parks
- POPSUGAR Fitness
- Sweaty Betty
- The Body Coach
Illustrated 1-page workouts – great as printouts
IPrescribeExercise App – free fitness app which allows you to develop a 12 week tailored fitness plan especially you (approved by the NHS). You don’t need a smart watch to use it.
Online exercise videos – for Aerobic, Strength and Pilates + Yoga – ranging from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. Beginner and Intermediate.
Strength and Flexibility – 5-week fitness plan
This Girl Can home exercise guide
Sport England – Join the Movement
5 Top Tips:
- Buddy up!
- Can you buddy up with someone in your household or virtually to make home workouts more fun and keep each other motivated?
- Build activity into your daily routine
- How are you using the time you spent commuting to work or travelling to school, or on your lunchbreaks?
- Get active your way
- We’re all different, find the activity works for you
- Plan to start slowly
- Build your activity level gradually, unless you are already exercising frequently and vigorously
- Remember to drink water and eat a balanced diet
- As well as staying active, don’t forget to stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet to look after yourself during this time